SESAME CORN ROLL
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
4 Tbsp. butter
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp. thyme
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1 can (14.75 oz.) S&W® Cream Style Corn
4 eggs, separated
2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
1 cup julienne carrot
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 can (14.5 oz.) S&W® French Style Sliced Green Beans, drained
1. Grease 15x10-inch jelly-roll pan. Line with waxed paper and grease.
2. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in saucepan. Blend in flour, thyme and nutmeg; add corn. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened; remove from heat.
3. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition; cool.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Fold into corn mixture. Spread in prepared pan; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 375°F, 25 minutes.
5. Sauté carrot and onion in remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Stir in mushrooms and green beans; heat through.
6. Loosen sides of corn roll from pan and turn out onto towel lined baking sheet. Remove parchment paper. Spread with drained vegetable mixture. Roll in jelly-roll fashion, starting from short side. To serve, cut into slices and garnish with sour cream, if desired.
4 servings (2 slices each)